Ing. Leopoldo Solis Tinoco
Was born in Guadalajara, Jalisco, México on March 27th, 1952 with professional degree in Chemical Engineering granted by Universidad de Guadalajara.
- General Director at PROFESIONALES EN EQUIPO Y FILTRACION, S.A. DE C.V. Company dedicated since 1984 to Equipment sale, Leavening and Materials for Fermentation, Technical Consultant office for tequila and distillery industries.
- Yeasts distributor and representative office for Dujardin Salleron in Mexico (alcoholometers).
- Vice-president of Comité de Normalización Del Consejo Regulador Del Tequila. (Standardization Committee for tequila production) 1996-1999.
- Member of Comité Técnico para la revisión de la Norma Oficial de Tequila. 1994-1996. (Tequila official laws technical committee)
- Technical salesman in confectionery with responsibilities in product development using different fermentation corn sweets. This work was made for Aranguren y Cía since April 1st, 1981 until December 31st, 1983.
- Project and Development Director for “La Esperanza” distillery in Villa Aldama, Tamaulipas. 1978-1979.
- Engineering Manager for Tequila Sauza. June 1979-February 1980.
- Quality Assurance Manager for Tequila Sauza, September 1977 – May 1979.
- Processes Engineer for “La Providencia” Tequila Factory in Arenal, Jal. 1974. Later Ing. Solis got a rise as Plant Manager in 1976.
- Quality Control Manager in Tequila Sauza, S.A. 1976-1977.
- 2nd Alcoholic Beverages Authentication Workshop. October 13-14th, 2005. Guadalajara, Jal. México.
- Tequila Exportation. September 2004 – July 2005. Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Occidente. Guadalajara, Jal. México.
- Protecting Geographical Indicators International Congress: Knowledge and Benefits. National Commerce Camera. March 19-20th, 2004 Guadalajara. First Distillates International Symposium. Edimburgo, Scotland 2002.
- Tequila: Technology and Regulation. Ciatej December, 1998
- Technical Consultant in Tequila Herradura, S.A. de C.V. since 1987 to 1994. Distillery Modernization, construction of a new factory, a new bottling plant and an ageing warehouse.
- Technical Consultant in Tequila Cazadores S.A. de C.V. since 1991 to 2000. “El Gallito” Distillery Modernization and construction of “Santa Maria” factory in Arandas, Jalisco.
- Project Director of Tequila Campanario Factory including design and construction of facilities and design of blending for this brand. June 1995 to December, 1999.
- Blending designer for “Tequila Casa Real” brand in their different kinds: White, Mid-aged (Reposado) and Aged. In charge of first 125,000 liters production.
- Designer of Ron Macollo factory and in charge of first 100,000 liters elaboration of this organic rum based on cane juice.
- Exponsor in 2nd Agave National Symposium “Tequila Mezcal”. Cd. Victoria, Tamaulipas, May 19-20th, 2005.
- First, Second, Third, Fourth and Fifth International Barrel Symposium in St. Louis Missouri.
- Juror guest at XIII International Rum Festival in St. John’s Newfoundland, Canada. September 1-5th, 2002.